Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Doctor Is Bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S

My Art History class was canceled.

\o/

And I was debating skipping it simply because I feel exhausted and like I need a good bajillion hours of sleep. So, moral of the story kids, if you wish really really hard and go to class, sometimes it will be canceled by the time you get there. :)

(Uh, P.S. : Go to class. Cause Auntie Amanda says so.)

Now I have nothing to do till 2:30PM rolls around with my Four American Poets. I might re-read the poems we're discussing today (Frost) or maybe catch up on Beowulf for my Brit Lit class, or maybe even read a couple of chapters for History.

Or maybe I'll sit in the chair, take a shower, and glare threateningly at my phone until Dr. Panja calls me back about my meds.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure if I'm taking the correct medication. Which is scary. Last time I saw Panja, he told me he was putting me on birth control to control the hirsute side effect of the PCOS. But the medication I have is called Prempro. Which last time I checked, was something you give MENOPAUSAL WOMEN.

Now, I'm pretty sure I'm not a menopausal woman. First off, I'M TWENTY YEARS OLD. Secondly, my downstairs is still open for business. I haven't gotten any angry letters from my uterus claiming it's going on strike, the fallopian tubes haven't tried to climb out of my body, and my ovaries seem to not be playing the bongos. Thirdly, this particular medication has some really fucking nasty side effects. Like cancer.

Which, yeah Doc, let's just *tempt* the cancer gods. I mean, it's not like both my grandmothers, my grandfather, my mom, my aunt, my dad, and my great-grandmother have had cancer. Waiiiiit.... THEY HAVE. And those are just the people I know of for sure!

I really hope he calls me back sooner than later. I want to just know that what I'm putting into my body to help it isn't going to cause a mass revolution of deadly proportions.

ETA: Panja's Office called.

Guess who's supposed to go off the Prempro and start Ortho Tricyclin Lo?

*Cartwheel* MEEEEEEE!!!!

Wow, how awesome is that? My doctor screwed up my meds and is now mailing me a new prescription to start! Whooo! Now instead of menopausal pills, I'll be on actual birth control!

:|

Thank God I haven't been on this crap for long. Because I really don't want my system to be all fucked up for no god damn reason.

Fucking doctors. ARG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home